Chastain talks attention over possible bio dad
NEW YORK (AP) - Early this year as Jessica Chastain was in the midst of an Oscar blitz for "Zero Dark Thirty," media outlets picked up a story that her biological father, a musician named Michael Monasterio, had died. Chastain did not attend the funeral and she did not comment publicly on his death.
In Vogue's December issue, Chastain calls the attention "very difficult." She says no father is listed on her birth certificate and there's "no proof of anything." She says she remained silent at the time out of respect for her stepfather, Michael Hastey.
She calls Hastey "one of the greatest people" she knows and says when he came into her life it was the "first time I had felt security."
Vogue's Dec. issue goes on sale Nov. 19.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.