The Pulse: Fans think Diamondbacks need rotation help
The latest question, asked on Nov. 12, was "What is the Arizona Diamondbacks' biggest need this offseason?"
The choices were, "Starting pitching," "Setup relievers," "Closer," "Power bat" and "other."
A total of 382 votes were submitted, with "Starting pitching" being the runaway winner, with 193 votes -- or 51 percent.
Coming in second was a "Power bat," though that garnered 104 votes, good enough for just 27 percent.
In third place was "Closer," which earned 48 votes, followed up by "Setup relievers," which tallied 32. Only one percent of the votes went to "Other."
So, what does this tell us? For all the money and effort that went into assembling the D-backs' starting rotation in 2013, it appears most fans think there is still plenty of work to be done.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.