The Pulse: Fans think Diamondbacks need rotation help
The latest question, asked on Nov. 12, was "What is the Arizona Diamondbacks' biggest need this offseason?"
The choices were, "Starting pitching," "Setup relievers," "Closer," "Power bat" and "other."
A total of 382 votes were submitted, with "Starting pitching" being the runaway winner, with 193 votes -- or 51 percent.
Coming in second was a "Power bat," though that garnered 104 votes, good enough for just 27 percent.
In third place was "Closer," which earned 48 votes, followed up by "Setup relievers," which tallied 32. Only one percent of the votes went to "Other."
So, what does this tell us? For all the money and effort that went into assembling the D-backs' starting rotation in 2013, it appears most fans think there is still plenty of work to be done.
- Dose of Venom: Montero's clutch hit highlights Diamondbacks' comeback win over Tigers
- Diamondbacks surpass Tigers in wild 8th inning: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.