The Pulse: Fans think Diamondbacks need rotation help
The latest question, asked on Nov. 12, was "What is the Arizona Diamondbacks' biggest need this offseason?"
The choices were, "Starting pitching," "Setup relievers," "Closer," "Power bat" and "other."
A total of 382 votes were submitted, with "Starting pitching" being the runaway winner, with 193 votes -- or 51 percent.
Coming in second was a "Power bat," though that garnered 104 votes, good enough for just 27 percent.
In third place was "Closer," which earned 48 votes, followed up by "Setup relievers," which tallied 32. Only one percent of the votes went to "Other."
So, what does this tell us? For all the money and effort that went into assembling the D-backs' starting rotation in 2013, it appears most fans think there is still plenty of work to be done.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.