The Pulse: Fans think Diamondbacks need rotation help
The latest question, asked on Nov. 12, was "What is the Arizona Diamondbacks' biggest need this offseason?"
The choices were, "Starting pitching," "Setup relievers," "Closer," "Power bat" and "other."
A total of 382 votes were submitted, with "Starting pitching" being the runaway winner, with 193 votes -- or 51 percent.
Coming in second was a "Power bat," though that garnered 104 votes, good enough for just 27 percent.
In third place was "Closer," which earned 48 votes, followed up by "Setup relievers," which tallied 32. Only one percent of the votes went to "Other."
So, what does this tell us? For all the money and effort that went into assembling the D-backs' starting rotation in 2013, it appears most fans think there is still plenty of work to be done.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.