Updated Dec 5, 2013 - 9:15 am
Jessica Alba, Barbra Streisand offer typhoon relief
Among the many people across the world offering support are several Hollywood celebrities, including Jessica Alba, Rosario Dawson, Judd Apatow and Barbra Streisand. These celebs put their fame on hold and stepped up to lend a hand.
According to E! News, here's how they helped.
Jessica Alba and the Honest Company, her toxin-free natural household product company, made a generous donation to the victims through Operation USA, E! News exclusively confirms. The 32-year-old mother and her team delivered the donation in Los Angeles.
The retail value of the products is $51,445, according to Alba's company. The Honest Company is also offering a company match to all monetary donations made by their employees.
Rosario Dawson, who is an active member of Operation USA's board, is also supporting the relief efforts and is assisting with a fundraiser to help raise money for recovery.
Barbra Streisand and her foundation, The Streisand Foundation, is pledging "a major monetary donation."
Judd Apatow and Leslie Mann, also contributed by supporting United Airline's Crowdrise fundraiser for Operation USA.
Tacloban city administrator Tecson Lim said 70 percent of the city's 220,000 people are in need of emergency assistance, and that only 70 of the city's 2,700 employees have been showing up for work.
Many experts say after massive disasters such as the one in the Philippines, it's best to contribute to humanitarian groups with a proven track record, such as the Red Cross.
Visit the links below for ways to help:
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?