Updated Nov 15, 2013 - 2:47 pm
Reactions to Paul Goldschmidt's second place NL MVP finish
In the wake of the announcement, Twitter sounded off, pointing out that Goldschmidt received zero first-place votes and finished as low as sixth on two ballots.
From teammates to media members to senators, see the reactions below:
Can't decide what's worse, Goldy ZERO 1st pl votes when led NL in most off categories. Or someone thinks trout was 7th best in AL. LOL— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) November 15, 2013
Safe to say everyone knows who I think should've won, but congrats to Cutch and the pirates on a great season— Daniel Hudson (@DHuddy41) November 15, 2013
Wow... Unreal.— Adam Eaton (@AdamSpankyEaton) November 14, 2013
Congrats to McCutchen as MVP. But How is it possible that #MVPaul did not get a single 1st place vote?!?! That just doesn't seem right.— Leo Gilmartin (@LeoGilmartin) November 15, 2013
The BBWAA has failed its annual intelligence test. Again.— keithlaw (@keithlaw) November 14, 2013
Two different baseball writers voted Paul Goldschmidt sixth in the MVP vote. Sixth. I am embarrassed for them and their readers.— Brandon McCarthy (@BMcCarthy32) November 15, 2013
Congrats to McCutchen. #MVPaul still the most valuable in my mind. What an amazing season for an amazing person. He'll get his someday soon.— Josh Rawitch (@joshrawitch) November 14, 2013
So, apparently the NL is the more progressive w/McCutchen the MVP & the AL is stuck in the old school w/Cabrera-MVP. Thoughts? #sabermetrics— Geoff Blum (@blummer27) November 15, 2013
I am going to go ahead and "disagree" with Goldy taking 2nd in MVP vote. Congrats to mccutchen, but Paul's #'s don't lie!— Willie Bloomquist (@williebloom) November 15, 2013
Goldy deserves this MVP!!!— Tuffy Gosewisch (@santiagosewisch) November 14, 2013
McCutchen on Goldschmidt: "He definitely showed us when he came and played against us here in Pittsburgh what he was capable of doing."— Bill Brink (@BrinkPG) November 15, 2013
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.