Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 8:17 am
Katy Perry takes Arizona students to AMAs
When Verrado High School didn't win Katy Perry's "Roar" contest last month they were told a prize was still coming their way.
Perry had let them know she was proud of their entry and have them as her date to an event in the near future.
A prize it was.
Sunday night was the American Music Awards and in the crowd was Megan Squire with family and friends.
Squire is a cheerleader at Verrado and was the main part of the video the school turned in for the contest.
Katy and Megan from Verrado High School: pic.twitter.com/Wl6qNQqq4t— Katy Perry Lately! (@katyperrylately) November 23, 2013
Lakewood High School submission:
Verrado High School submission:
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.