Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 8:17 am
Katy Perry takes Arizona students to AMAs
When Verrado High School didn't win Katy Perry's "Roar" contest last month they were told a prize was still coming their way.
Perry had let them know she was proud of their entry and have them as her date to an event in the near future.
A prize it was.
Sunday night was the American Music Awards and in the crowd was Megan Squire with family and friends.
Squire is a cheerleader at Verrado and was the main part of the video the school turned in for the contest.
Katy and Megan from Verrado High School: pic.twitter.com/Wl6qNQqq4t— Katy Perry Lately! (@katyperrylately) November 23, 2013
Lakewood High School submission:
Verrado High School submission:
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.