Sutton Foster to return to Broadway in 'Violet'
NEW YORK (AP) - One of Broadway's biggest stars is coming back: Sutton Foster.
The Roundabout Theatre Company said Monday that the two-time Tony Award winner will star in the musical "Violet" directed by Leigh Silverman. Previews begin in March with an opening slated for April 20 at the American Airlines Theatre.
The show features music by Jeanine Tesori and a book and lyrics by Brian Crawley. It's based on the short story "The Ugliest Pilgrim" by Doris Betts, which tells the tale of a disfigured woman's journey to feel beautiful again.
It played off-Broadway at Playwrights Horizons in 1997.
Foster has won Tonys for "Anything Goes" and "Thoroughly Modern Millie." Her other credits include "The Drowsy Chaperone" and "Young Frankenstein." She most recently moved to California to star in the cable series "Bunheads."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.