Sutton Foster to return to Broadway in 'Violet'
NEW YORK (AP) - One of Broadway's biggest stars is coming back: Sutton Foster.
The Roundabout Theatre Company said Monday that the two-time Tony Award winner will star in the musical "Violet" directed by Leigh Silverman. Previews begin in March with an opening slated for April 20 at the American Airlines Theatre.
The show features music by Jeanine Tesori and a book and lyrics by Brian Crawley. It's based on the short story "The Ugliest Pilgrim" by Doris Betts, which tells the tale of a disfigured woman's journey to feel beautiful again.
It played off-Broadway at Playwrights Horizons in 1997.
Foster has won Tonys for "Anything Goes" and "Thoroughly Modern Millie." Her other credits include "The Drowsy Chaperone" and "Young Frankenstein." She most recently moved to California to star in the cable series "Bunheads."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.