Sutton Foster to return to Broadway in 'Violet'
NEW YORK (AP) - One of Broadway's biggest stars is coming back: Sutton Foster.
The Roundabout Theatre Company said Monday that the two-time Tony Award winner will star in the musical "Violet" directed by Leigh Silverman. Previews begin in March with an opening slated for April 20 at the American Airlines Theatre.
The show features music by Jeanine Tesori and a book and lyrics by Brian Crawley. It's based on the short story "The Ugliest Pilgrim" by Doris Betts, which tells the tale of a disfigured woman's journey to feel beautiful again.
It played off-Broadway at Playwrights Horizons in 1997.
Foster has won Tonys for "Anything Goes" and "Thoroughly Modern Millie." Her other credits include "The Drowsy Chaperone" and "Young Frankenstein." She most recently moved to California to star in the cable series "Bunheads."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Does Arizona Diamondbacks pitcher Trevor Cahill pitch better when Tuffy Gosewich is catching?
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.