Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 3:40 pm
D-backs' Brad Ziegler lashes out at PED users
And, physique aside, Ziegler's tweets seem to further evidence the fact that he's not a performance enhancing drug user.
On Monday, Ziegler lashed out on Twitter after it was announced that shortstop Jhonny Peralta -- who was among the players caught up in the Biogenesis scandal, ultimately being handed a 50-game suspension -- had signed a four-year, $50 million contract with the St. Louis Cardinals.
Ziegler later criticized the length of suspensions handed to those who violate baseball's performance enhancing drug policy, question the harshness of the penalty.
People really don't understand how this works. We thought 50 games would be a deterrent. Obviously it's not. So we are working on it again.— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) November 24, 2013
Ziegler is the Diamondbacks player union representative, signed with the team through the end of the 2014 season.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.