Updated Nov 25, 2013 - 3:40 pm
D-backs' Brad Ziegler lashes out at PED users
And, physique aside, Ziegler's tweets seem to further evidence the fact that he's not a performance enhancing drug user.
On Monday, Ziegler lashed out on Twitter after it was announced that shortstop Jhonny Peralta -- who was among the players caught up in the Biogenesis scandal, ultimately being handed a 50-game suspension -- had signed a four-year, $50 million contract with the St. Louis Cardinals.
Ziegler later criticized the length of suspensions handed to those who violate baseball's performance enhancing drug policy, question the harshness of the penalty.
People really don't understand how this works. We thought 50 games would be a deterrent. Obviously it's not. So we are working on it again.— Brad Ziegler (@BradZiegler) November 24, 2013
Ziegler is the Diamondbacks player union representative, signed with the team through the end of the 2014 season.
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB analyst - Wednesday April 9ESPN MLB analyst Tim Kurkjian discusses the D-backs' tough start.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 9When is it time to make changes?