Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
Bryk and McCullough, led by scouting director Ray Montgomery, have been instrumental in the Diamondbacks' ascent up the organization rankings ladder over the previous few years. In October, Baseball America had the Diamondbacks' farm system ranked ninth among all major league organizations in terms of prospect impact potential.
The other scout named among the publication's top three was also from the National League West, with Doug Mapson of the San Francisco Giants getting the honor.
Thanks in part to the work of Bryk and McCullough, the Diamondbacks are loaded with highly tradable prospects as general manager Kevin Towers and other front office representatives head to Orlando for Major League Baseball's annual winter meetings.
Towers: "we have the prospects to get anyone that is available." #diamondbacks— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) December 9, 2013
As New York Post baseball columnist reports from Orlando, the Diamondbacks GM believes he has the talent to land any player on the trading block that he desires, with his most untouchable assets being his 2013 All-Stars -- Paul Goldschmidt and Patrick Corbin. And, as was seen in last winter's blockbuster trade, which sent franchise cornerstone Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves, Towers isn't afraid to deal.
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Dose of Venom: Anderson gets roughed up again as D-backs drop series finale to Padres
- Padres take series finale from Anderson, D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.