Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
Bryk and McCullough, led by scouting director Ray Montgomery, have been instrumental in the Diamondbacks' ascent up the organization rankings ladder over the previous few years. In October, Baseball America had the Diamondbacks' farm system ranked ninth among all major league organizations in terms of prospect impact potential.
The other scout named among the publication's top three was also from the National League West, with Doug Mapson of the San Francisco Giants getting the honor.
Thanks in part to the work of Bryk and McCullough, the Diamondbacks are loaded with highly tradable prospects as general manager Kevin Towers and other front office representatives head to Orlando for Major League Baseball's annual winter meetings.
Towers: "we have the prospects to get anyone that is available." #diamondbacks— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) December 9, 2013
As New York Post baseball columnist reports from Orlando, the Diamondbacks GM believes he has the talent to land any player on the trading block that he desires, with his most untouchable assets being his 2013 All-Stars -- Paul Goldschmidt and Patrick Corbin. And, as was seen in last winter's blockbuster trade, which sent franchise cornerstone Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves, Towers isn't afraid to deal.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.