Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
Bryk and McCullough, led by scouting director Ray Montgomery, have been instrumental in the Diamondbacks' ascent up the organization rankings ladder over the previous few years. In October, Baseball America had the Diamondbacks' farm system ranked ninth among all major league organizations in terms of prospect impact potential.
The other scout named among the publication's top three was also from the National League West, with Doug Mapson of the San Francisco Giants getting the honor.
Thanks in part to the work of Bryk and McCullough, the Diamondbacks are loaded with highly tradable prospects as general manager Kevin Towers and other front office representatives head to Orlando for Major League Baseball's annual winter meetings.
Towers: "we have the prospects to get anyone that is available." #diamondbacks— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) December 9, 2013
As New York Post baseball columnist reports from Orlando, the Diamondbacks GM believes he has the talent to land any player on the trading block that he desires, with his most untouchable assets being his 2013 All-Stars -- Paul Goldschmidt and Patrick Corbin. And, as was seen in last winter's blockbuster trade, which sent franchise cornerstone Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves, Towers isn't afraid to deal.
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.