Two Diamondbacks scouts named among Baseball America's scouts of the year
Bryk and McCullough, led by scouting director Ray Montgomery, have been instrumental in the Diamondbacks' ascent up the organization rankings ladder over the previous few years. In October, Baseball America had the Diamondbacks' farm system ranked ninth among all major league organizations in terms of prospect impact potential.
The other scout named among the publication's top three was also from the National League West, with Doug Mapson of the San Francisco Giants getting the honor.
Thanks in part to the work of Bryk and McCullough, the Diamondbacks are loaded with highly tradable prospects as general manager Kevin Towers and other front office representatives head to Orlando for Major League Baseball's annual winter meetings.
Towers: "we have the prospects to get anyone that is available." #diamondbacks— Joel Sherman (@Joelsherman1) December 9, 2013
As New York Post baseball columnist reports from Orlando, the Diamondbacks GM believes he has the talent to land any player on the trading block that he desires, with his most untouchable assets being his 2013 All-Stars -- Paul Goldschmidt and Patrick Corbin. And, as was seen in last winter's blockbuster trade, which sent franchise cornerstone Justin Upton to the Atlanta Braves, Towers isn't afraid to deal.
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?