Updated Dec 10, 2013 - 2:24 pm
Report: D-backs after free agent pitcher Joba Chamberlain
Chamberlain missed much of the 2012 season with a freak broken leg he suffered on a trampoline
He's compiled a 3.85 ERA over 260 career games -- 43 of which were starts -- all of which came with the New York Yankees. The hard-throwing right-hander averages a strikeout per inning, though he's walked almost four batters per nine innings.
The 6-foot-2, 250-pounder struggled in his lone season as a starter. In 2009, 31 of his 32 appearances came in the rotation, but he went 9-6 with a 4.75 ERA while his strikeout numbers dropped and his walk ration and WHIP skyrocketed.
Chamberlain has a 2.87 postseason ERA over 19 appearances, and the D-backs haven't been shy about their desire to upgrade a bullpen that was a weakness last year.
Though Olney linked Chamberlain to the D-backs, there have been a pair of reports saying that his report is false.
Report on an offer to Joba by Arizona totally false.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 10, 2013
High-ranking #Dbacks official says no offer has been made to Joba Chamberlain.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) December 10, 2013
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.