Updated Dec 10, 2013 - 2:24 pm
Report: D-backs after free agent pitcher Joba Chamberlain
Chamberlain missed much of the 2012 season with a freak broken leg he suffered on a trampoline
He's compiled a 3.85 ERA over 260 career games -- 43 of which were starts -- all of which came with the New York Yankees. The hard-throwing right-hander averages a strikeout per inning, though he's walked almost four batters per nine innings.
The 6-foot-2, 250-pounder struggled in his lone season as a starter. In 2009, 31 of his 32 appearances came in the rotation, but he went 9-6 with a 4.75 ERA while his strikeout numbers dropped and his walk ration and WHIP skyrocketed.
Chamberlain has a 2.87 postseason ERA over 19 appearances, and the D-backs haven't been shy about their desire to upgrade a bullpen that was a weakness last year.
Though Olney linked Chamberlain to the D-backs, there have been a pair of reports saying that his report is false.
Report on an offer to Joba by Arizona totally false.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo620) December 10, 2013
High-ranking #Dbacks official says no offer has been made to Joba Chamberlain.— Steve Gilbert (@SteveGilbertMLB) December 10, 2013
- Randy Wolf impressive in Triple-A start
- D-backs will consider 'any and everything' when it comes to personnel changes
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.