Kate Barry, Jane Birkin's daughter, dies in Paris
PARIS (AP) - Police say Kate Barry, the daughter of actress Jane Birkin and James Bond composer John Barry, has died in Paris.
They said Thursday the 46-year-old, best known as a fashion photographer and who was raised for years by the late French singer Serge Gainsbourg during his relationship with Birkin, was found Wednesday. Police gave no details, saying an investigation is underway into the cause of death.
Barry's photos were featured in British Vogue and the Sunday Times magazine, and were recently on exhibition in Paris.
"I chose a profession that shows," she told the French newspaper Liberation in 2012. "As a child, I was photographed a lot. That must have left an impression."
After her own earlier struggle with drugs and alcohol, Barry founded an addiction treatment center outside Paris.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.