Kate Barry, Jane Birkin's daughter, dies in Paris
PARIS (AP) - Police say Kate Barry, the daughter of actress Jane Birkin and James Bond composer John Barry, has died in Paris.
They said Thursday the 46-year-old, best known as a fashion photographer and who was raised for years by the late French singer Serge Gainsbourg during his relationship with Birkin, was found Wednesday. Police gave no details, saying an investigation is underway into the cause of death.
Barry's photos were featured in British Vogue and the Sunday Times magazine, and were recently on exhibition in Paris.
"I chose a profession that shows," she told the French newspaper Liberation in 2012. "As a child, I was photographed a lot. That must have left an impression."
After her own earlier struggle with drugs and alcohol, Barry founded an addiction treatment center outside Paris.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.