Kate Barry, Jane Birkin's daughter, dies in Paris
PARIS (AP) - Police say Kate Barry, the daughter of actress Jane Birkin and James Bond composer John Barry, has died in Paris.
They said Thursday the 46-year-old, best known as a fashion photographer and who was raised for years by the late French singer Serge Gainsbourg during his relationship with Birkin, was found Wednesday. Police gave no details, saying an investigation is underway into the cause of death.
Barry's photos were featured in British Vogue and the Sunday Times magazine, and were recently on exhibition in Paris.
"I chose a profession that shows," she told the French newspaper Liberation in 2012. "As a child, I was photographed a lot. That must have left an impression."
After her own earlier struggle with drugs and alcohol, Barry founded an addiction treatment center outside Paris.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.