Arizona Diamondbacks sign veteran catcher Henry Blanco to minor-league deal
The team inked the veteran catcher to a minor-league deal Friday, that includes an invite to spring training.
Blanco spent two seasons with the organization in 2011-12, serving as Miguel Montero's backup. In that span, Blanco hit nine home runs and 19 RBI.
In 2013, Blanco hit .142 with three home runs and 14 RBI with the Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays.
If he cracks the 25-man roster out of camp, Blanco will have a total of 13 stops to his name during a 16-year career.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.