Arizona Diamondbacks sign veteran catcher Henry Blanco to minor-league deal
The team inked the veteran catcher to a minor-league deal Friday, that includes an invite to spring training.
Blanco spent two seasons with the organization in 2011-12, serving as Miguel Montero's backup. In that span, Blanco hit nine home runs and 19 RBI.
In 2013, Blanco hit .142 with three home runs and 14 RBI with the Seattle Mariners and Toronto Blue Jays.
If he cracks the 25-man roster out of camp, Blanco will have a total of 13 stops to his name during a 16-year career.
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.