Updated Dec 19, 2013 - 10:07 am
Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty' for anti-gay slurs
According to E! News, the star will be missing from their show for the foreseeable future after the interview caused a stir online on Wednesday.
"We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson's comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty," A&E parent A+E Networks said in a statement obtained by Deadline.com.
"His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely."
During the interview, which is featured in the magazine's January issue, Robertson makes several anti-gay slurs.
"Everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong... sin becomes fine," the reality star said.
"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men."
Robertson continued by paraphrasing a biblical verse that claims homosexuality is a sin. "It's just not logical," he said.
Clearly, Robertson's statements didn't sit well with GLAAD, the lesbian, gay, bi and transsexual advocates.
"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz told E!.
Wilson adds that A&E should "re-examine their ties" with Robertson, as his anti-gay stereotype paints a negative light on the network and its sponsors.
"He clearly knows nothing about gay people or the majority of Louisianans -- and Americans -- who support legal recognition for loving and committed gay and lesbian couples," Wilson said.
A&E's "Duck Dynasty" follows Robertson and his Louisiana family who went from rags to riches after making a fortune selling duck-calling devices for hunters.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.