Updated Dec 27, 2013 - 11:36 am
Ethan Hawke, daughter surprise NYC hospital patients
According to Life and Style magazine, the actor showed up unannounced with his 15-year-old daughter, Maya. During their visit, the duo played guitar and sang Christmas carols.
One of the hospital patients, Sonya Clarke, told the New York Daily News that she will never forget the visit because of Maya's "soothing voice."
While Clarke spends every three weeks in the hospital for chemo therapy to treat her lymphoma, she says "situations like this make you see what's important and who is important."
The hospital later thanked Hawke and his daughter for spending time with their patients.
A big thanks to Ethan Hawke and daughter Maya for the wonderful music they brought to patients throughout NYM today. pic.twitter.com/TNMA3M2fF8— New York Methodist (@nym_hospital) December 23, 2013
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.