Updated Dec 27, 2013 - 11:36 am
Ethan Hawke, daughter surprise NYC hospital patients
According to Life and Style magazine, the actor showed up unannounced with his 15-year-old daughter, Maya. During their visit, the duo played guitar and sang Christmas carols.
One of the hospital patients, Sonya Clarke, told the New York Daily News that she will never forget the visit because of Maya's "soothing voice."
While Clarke spends every three weeks in the hospital for chemo therapy to treat her lymphoma, she says "situations like this make you see what's important and who is important."
The hospital later thanked Hawke and his daughter for spending time with their patients.
A big thanks to Ethan Hawke and daughter Maya for the wonderful music they brought to patients throughout NYM today. pic.twitter.com/TNMA3M2fF8— New York Methodist (@nym_hospital) December 23, 2013
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.