Updated Dec 27, 2013 - 11:36 am
Ethan Hawke, daughter surprise NYC hospital patients
According to Life and Style magazine, the actor showed up unannounced with his 15-year-old daughter, Maya. During their visit, the duo played guitar and sang Christmas carols.
One of the hospital patients, Sonya Clarke, told the New York Daily News that she will never forget the visit because of Maya's "soothing voice."
While Clarke spends every three weeks in the hospital for chemo therapy to treat her lymphoma, she says "situations like this make you see what's important and who is important."
The hospital later thanked Hawke and his daughter for spending time with their patients.
A big thanks to Ethan Hawke and daughter Maya for the wonderful music they brought to patients throughout NYM today. pic.twitter.com/TNMA3M2fF8— New York Methodist (@nym_hospital) December 23, 2013
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.