Updated Dec 27, 2013 - 11:36 am
Ethan Hawke, daughter surprise NYC hospital patients
According to Life and Style magazine, the actor showed up unannounced with his 15-year-old daughter, Maya. During their visit, the duo played guitar and sang Christmas carols.
One of the hospital patients, Sonya Clarke, told the New York Daily News that she will never forget the visit because of Maya's "soothing voice."
While Clarke spends every three weeks in the hospital for chemo therapy to treat her lymphoma, she says "situations like this make you see what's important and who is important."
The hospital later thanked Hawke and his daughter for spending time with their patients.
A big thanks to Ethan Hawke and daughter Maya for the wonderful music they brought to patients throughout NYM today. pic.twitter.com/TNMA3M2fF8— New York Methodist (@nym_hospital) December 23, 2013
- D-backs' Derrick Hall: Losses mounting because players are pressing
- D-backs prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest start
- D-backs president: 'It's far too early to say' Gibson and Towers are in jeopardy of losing jobs
- D-backs swept by Mets; end winless homestand
- Mets complete sweep of Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Analyst - Tuesday April 15Is Kevin Towers to blame for the D-backs’ start to the season?
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 10What do the D-backs need to do to get back on track?