The Pulse: D-backs fans don't expect Tanaka
The question on Jan. 1 was, "Do you think the Diamondbacks will end up acquiring P Masahiro Tanaka?"
Fans could choose "yes," "no" or "maybe," and after 543 votes were submitted, it appears D-backs fans are not optimistic about the team's chances in the Tanaka sweepstakes.
Of the votes, 360 (or 66 percent) were for "no," with "maybe" earning 108 (20 percent). Only 14 percent of those who responded think the D-backs will land the 25-year-old hurler who posted a 24-0 record to go along with a 1.27 ERA in the Nippon Professional Baseball League last season.
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Site takes in-depth look at D-backs offseason
- Your nighty is in a knot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.
- Jerry Crasnick, ESPN.com baseball writer - Monday March 3Jerry Crasnick previews the 2014 NL West.