Arizona Diamondbacks claim Santos Rodriguez
A 25-year-old left-hander, Rodriguez went 2-0 with a 4.91 ERA with 61 strikeouts in 33 relief appearances with Double-A Birmingham and Triple-A Charlotte in 2013. Opponents hit .204 off him, and he averaged 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
Rodriguez is 6-foot-6 and 190 pounds, and over the course of his career has gone 11-10 with 21 saves and a 3.63 ERA in 195 games.
He has spent time in the Atlanta Braves organization, too, after originally being signed by the team as a free agent on Sept. 28, 2006.
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.