Arizona Diamondbacks claim Santos Rodriguez
A 25-year-old left-hander, Rodriguez went 2-0 with a 4.91 ERA with 61 strikeouts in 33 relief appearances with Double-A Birmingham and Triple-A Charlotte in 2013. Opponents hit .204 off him, and he averaged 11.5 strikeouts per nine innings.
Rodriguez is 6-foot-6 and 190 pounds, and over the course of his career has gone 11-10 with 21 saves and a 3.63 ERA in 195 games.
He has spent time in the Atlanta Braves organization, too, after originally being signed by the team as a free agent on Sept. 28, 2006.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.