Diamondbacks name Chris Cron minor league hitting coordinator
Cron, 49, previously was the manager of the Detroit Tigers' Double-A affiliate. He will enter his 30th season in professional baseball when he starts with the Diamondbacks organization.
Cron won Manager of the Year awards in the Carolina League in 1998 and the Pioneer League in 2010, and he led a Chicago White Sox affiliate to a Pioneer League Championship in 2008.
The D-backs' new hitting coach also played 12 years in the minor leagues for the White Sox, Atlanta Braves, California Angels and Cleveland Indians. He had stints with the Angels and the White Sox in the Majors in 1991 and 1992, respectively.
Cron is a native of Albuquerque, N.M., and was selected by Atlanta in the second round of the 1984 draft.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.