Updated Jan 14, 2014 - 5:21 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks met with Masahiro Tanaka
The 25-year-old went 24-0 with a 1.27 ERA in Japan last season, and is someone the D-backs have had their eye on for quite some time.
The Arizona Diamondbacks have met with Japanese free agent pitcher Masahiro Tanaka.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) January 14, 2014
Tanaka was in the U.S. late last week and supposedly met with all interested suitors, but few have confirmed to have actually talked with the pitcher.
Tanaka has until Jan. 24 to pick a new team, and whichever club he chooses will have to pay $20 million to the Rakuten Golden Eagles as well as whatever contract terms are agreed upon with Tanaka, which are expected to exceed well over $100 million.
- Ferguson Jenkins, Hall of Fame pitcher - Friday March 14How has baseball changed?
- Henry Blanco, Diamondbacks catcher - Thursday March 13Henry Blanco talks about his efforts to make the Diamondbacks roster.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Thursday March 13Archie Bradley reacts to his first rocky start of spring training.
- Tom Verducci, Sports Illustrated MLB writer - Thursday March 13Tom Verducci of Sports Illustrated previews the 2014 Diamondbacks season.
- Chris Owings, Diamondbacks shortstop - Thursday March 13Chris Owings talks about the position battle at shortstop between himself and Didi Gregorius.
- J.J. Putz, Diamondbacks relief pitcher - Thursday March 13Diamondbacks reliever J.J. Putz discusses the team's upcoming trip to Australia.
- Kevin Towers, Diamondbacks GM - Thursday March 13Kevin Towers discusses the battle at shortstop.