Updated Jan 14, 2014 - 5:21 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks met with Masahiro Tanaka
The 25-year-old went 24-0 with a 1.27 ERA in Japan last season, and is someone the D-backs have had their eye on for quite some time.
The Arizona Diamondbacks have met with Japanese free agent pitcher Masahiro Tanaka.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) January 14, 2014
Tanaka was in the U.S. late last week and supposedly met with all interested suitors, but few have confirmed to have actually talked with the pitcher.
Tanaka has until Jan. 24 to pick a new team, and whichever club he chooses will have to pay $20 million to the Rakuten Golden Eagles as well as whatever contract terms are agreed upon with Tanaka, which are expected to exceed well over $100 million.
- Hill, Diamondbacks top Dodgers in extra innings
- Diamondbacks exorcise some demons in win over Dodgers
- D-backs break winless streak, beat Dodgers in extras: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks outfielder Cody Ross goes hitless in season debut
- Diamondbacks reinstate Cody Ross; designate Ryan Rowland-Smith
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.
- Mike Bolsinger, D-backs pitcher - Tuesday April 15D-backs pitcher Mike Bolsinger talks about his MLB debut.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 15D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's pitching woes.