Updated Jan 14, 2014 - 5:21 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks met with Masahiro Tanaka
The 25-year-old went 24-0 with a 1.27 ERA in Japan last season, and is someone the D-backs have had their eye on for quite some time.
The Arizona Diamondbacks have met with Japanese free agent pitcher Masahiro Tanaka.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) January 14, 2014
Tanaka was in the U.S. late last week and supposedly met with all interested suitors, but few have confirmed to have actually talked with the pitcher.
Tanaka has until Jan. 24 to pick a new team, and whichever club he chooses will have to pay $20 million to the Rakuten Golden Eagles as well as whatever contract terms are agreed upon with Tanaka, which are expected to exceed well over $100 million.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?