Updated Jan 14, 2014 - 5:21 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks met with Masahiro Tanaka
The 25-year-old went 24-0 with a 1.27 ERA in Japan last season, and is someone the D-backs have had their eye on for quite some time.
The Arizona Diamondbacks have met with Japanese free agent pitcher Masahiro Tanaka.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) January 14, 2014
Tanaka was in the U.S. late last week and supposedly met with all interested suitors, but few have confirmed to have actually talked with the pitcher.
Tanaka has until Jan. 24 to pick a new team, and whichever club he chooses will have to pay $20 million to the Rakuten Golden Eagles as well as whatever contract terms are agreed upon with Tanaka, which are expected to exceed well over $100 million.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.