Updated Jan 14, 2014 - 5:21 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks met with Masahiro Tanaka
The 25-year-old went 24-0 with a 1.27 ERA in Japan last season, and is someone the D-backs have had their eye on for quite some time.
The Arizona Diamondbacks have met with Japanese free agent pitcher Masahiro Tanaka.— John Gambadoro (@Gambo987) January 14, 2014
Tanaka was in the U.S. late last week and supposedly met with all interested suitors, but few have confirmed to have actually talked with the pitcher.
Tanaka has until Jan. 24 to pick a new team, and whichever club he chooses will have to pay $20 million to the Rakuten Golden Eagles as well as whatever contract terms are agreed upon with Tanaka, which are expected to exceed well over $100 million.
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.