Arizona Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley named top right-handed pitching prospect
The seventh pick in the 2011 MLB Amateur Draft, the right-handed has posted a 26-11 record to go along with a 2.76 ERA over the course of his brief minor league career. At just 21 years old, Bradley projects as a future ace and is someone the team has not been willing to give up, and with good reason.
Quite simply, he's one of the best prospects in baseball, and Wednesday MLB.com ranked him as the top right-handed pitching prospect in the game.
The No. 7 overall pick in 2011, Bradley might be the starting quarterback at Oklahoma if he hadn't signed with Arizona for $5 million. At age 20, he spent most of the season in Double-A and ranked third in the Minor Leagues in wins (14) and ERA (1.84), and sixth in strikeouts (162 in 152 innings). Bradley's 92- to 97-mph fastball and hard curveball are both swing-and-miss pitches, and he made strides with his changeup and command last season.
By all accounts, the D-backs plan on giving Bradley an opportunity to earn a spot in the starting rotation this spring, and it would come as a shock to no one if he did just that.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.