Arizona Diamondbacks avoid salary arbitration with RHP Josh Collmenter
Collmenter, 28, was one of the most reliable bullpen options for the D-backs in 2013, posting a 5-5 record with a 3.13 ERA in 49 appearances. The Homer, Mich. native also led the National League with a franchise-record nine relief appearances of three or more innings and 29.0 innings pitched in extra-inning games -- the most in baseball since Tug McGraw of the New York Mets in 1972.
Since becoming a 15th-round pick of the Diamondbacks in 2007, Collmenter has posted a 20-18 record with a 3.40 ERA in 108 games.
In addition to Collmenter, Arizona outfielders Mark Trumbo and Gerardo Parra and relief pitcher Joe Thatcher are eligible for salary arbitration.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.