Arizona Diamondbacks avoid salary arbitration with RHP Josh Collmenter
Collmenter, 28, was one of the most reliable bullpen options for the D-backs in 2013, posting a 5-5 record with a 3.13 ERA in 49 appearances. The Homer, Mich. native also led the National League with a franchise-record nine relief appearances of three or more innings and 29.0 innings pitched in extra-inning games -- the most in baseball since Tug McGraw of the New York Mets in 1972.
Since becoming a 15th-round pick of the Diamondbacks in 2007, Collmenter has posted a 20-18 record with a 3.40 ERA in 108 games.
In addition to Collmenter, Arizona outfielders Mark Trumbo and Gerardo Parra and relief pitcher Joe Thatcher are eligible for salary arbitration.
- D-backs' GM Kevin Towers: If improvement doesn't happen, 'heads are gonna roll'
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?