Arizona Diamondbacks avoid salary arbitration with RHP Josh Collmenter
Collmenter, 28, was one of the most reliable bullpen options for the D-backs in 2013, posting a 5-5 record with a 3.13 ERA in 49 appearances. The Homer, Mich. native also led the National League with a franchise-record nine relief appearances of three or more innings and 29.0 innings pitched in extra-inning games -- the most in baseball since Tug McGraw of the New York Mets in 1972.
Since becoming a 15th-round pick of the Diamondbacks in 2007, Collmenter has posted a 20-18 record with a 3.40 ERA in 108 games.
In addition to Collmenter, Arizona outfielders Mark Trumbo and Gerardo Parra and relief pitcher Joe Thatcher are eligible for salary arbitration.
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
- Report: Diamondbacks to sign LHP Oliver Perez
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?
- Brad Ziegler, D-backs relief pitcher - Monday March 3D-backs relief pitcher Brad Ziegler discusses the upcoming season.