Arizona Diamondbacks, Joe Thatcher agree to one-year deal
The 32-year-old was originally acquired as part of the deal that sent starting pitcher Ian Kennedy to the San Diego Padres, and went on to pitch in 22 games (9.1 innings) with the team, posting a 0-1 record with a 6.75 ERA.
Thatcher made a career-high 72 appearances between the D-backs and Padres last season, posting a 3-2 record and a 3.20 ERA in 39.1 innings of work.
The left-hander had spent his entire MLB career with the Padres before coming to Arizona, and has a career record of 8-12 with a 3.34 ERA.
- D-backs go 3-4 on road trip, prepare for homestand vs. Phillies, Rockies
- D-backs' Mike Bolsinger shines in series finale at Wrigley: By The Numbers
- Bolsinger earns 1st MLB win, D-backs top Cubs
- D-backs place outfielder Mark Trumbo on 15-day D.L.
- Diamondbacks' Mark Trumbo out indefinitely with stress fracture in foot
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president and CEO - Thursday April 24Did yesterday’s win save Kirk Gibson’s job?
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday April 23ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses what the D-backs need to do to turn things around.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.