Arizona Diamondbacks, Joe Thatcher agree to one-year deal
The 32-year-old was originally acquired as part of the deal that sent starting pitcher Ian Kennedy to the San Diego Padres, and went on to pitch in 22 games (9.1 innings) with the team, posting a 0-1 record with a 6.75 ERA.
Thatcher made a career-high 72 appearances between the D-backs and Padres last season, posting a 3-2 record and a 3.20 ERA in 39.1 innings of work.
The left-hander had spent his entire MLB career with the Padres before coming to Arizona, and has a career record of 8-12 with a 3.34 ERA.
- Rookie makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Diamondbacks reinstate Jordan Pacheco, release Nick Evans
- ESPN Insider calls for D-backs to pawn Martin Prado off to Blue Jays
- Plate call overturned in D-backs' loss
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.