The Pulse: D-backs fans don't want to add another pitcher
Wednesday, we asked you if which free agent pitcher the D-backs should sign.
And in an overwhelming number, the answer was "no one."
A total of 702 votes were submitted, with 418 (60 percent) being for nobody at all. The next highest total, 140 votes, went to Matt Garza, who has since signed with the Milwaukee Brewers.
Former Colorado Rockie and Cleveland Indian Ubaldo Jimenez was the only other candidate to receive a respectable number of votes, with 67, but it's clear he wasn't a favorite of D-backs fans.
No, it would seem folks are content with what the Diamondbacks currently have and would like them to go into Spring Training with that group.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?