The Pulse: D-backs fans don't want to add another pitcher
Wednesday, we asked you if which free agent pitcher the D-backs should sign.
And in an overwhelming number, the answer was "no one."
A total of 702 votes were submitted, with 418 (60 percent) being for nobody at all. The next highest total, 140 votes, went to Matt Garza, who has since signed with the Milwaukee Brewers.
Former Colorado Rockie and Cleveland Indian Ubaldo Jimenez was the only other candidate to receive a respectable number of votes, with 67, but it's clear he wasn't a favorite of D-backs fans.
No, it would seem folks are content with what the Diamondbacks currently have and would like them to go into Spring Training with that group.
- The Yoke of Leadership
- D-backs' GM Kevin Towers: If improvement doesn't happen, 'heads are gonna roll'
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 23What can be done to save the season?
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?