Arizona Diamondbacks avoid salary arbitration with OF Gerardo Parra
The 26-year-old Parra just completed his fifth year in the Major Leagues, batting .268 with 10 home runs, 48 RBI and 43 doubles, which ranked third in the league. Parra also won a National League Gold Glove Award for the second time in three seasons and was named the National League Wilson Defensive Player of the Year.
The Venezuelan native set a new club record with 17 outfield assists.
Terms of the contract were not disclosed, but according to reports, Parra had filed an arbitration figure of $5.2 million while the Diamondbacks offered $4.3 million. The midpoint of those two figures, which is often the agreement point when parties avoid arbitration, is $4.75 million.
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Rookie Ahmed makes difference in Diamondbacks' marathon win over Reds: By The Numbers
- Report: Diamondbacks willing to move closer Addison Reed
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.