Arizona Diamondbacks avoid salary arbitration with OF Gerardo Parra
The 26-year-old Parra just completed his fifth year in the Major Leagues, batting .268 with 10 home runs, 48 RBI and 43 doubles, which ranked third in the league. Parra also won a National League Gold Glove Award for the second time in three seasons and was named the National League Wilson Defensive Player of the Year.
The Venezuelan native set a new club record with 17 outfield assists.
Terms of the contract were not disclosed, but according to reports, Parra had filed an arbitration figure of $5.2 million while the Diamondbacks offered $4.3 million. The midpoint of those two figures, which is often the agreement point when parties avoid arbitration, is $4.75 million.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?