Updated Feb 3, 2014 - 4:18 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks, Mark Trumbo apart in pre-arbitration negotiations
When they sign him to a contract, of course.
The outfielder whom was acquired in a deal that saw the team part with pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder Adam Eaton is up for salary arbitration, and as of now the two sides are pretty far apart.
"The gap between Trumbo and ourselves is much larger than the one with Parra," D-backs GM Kevin Towers said Monday. It was announced Monday afternoon that the team and Parra agreed to a one-year deal. According to reports, the sides were about $900,000 apart at one point.
Trumbo is coming off a season in which he hit .234 with 34 home runs and 100 RBI. In three seasons as a full-time Major Leaguer -- all with the Los Angeles Angels -- he has hit 95 home runs and driven in 282.
"We're going to continue to have dialogue right up until the hearing," Towers said. "Hopefully we avoid it and get something done, and I'm positive we will -- or hopeful that we will."
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.