The Pulse: D-backs were right to extend Towers and Gibson
Monday, we asked if the Arizona Diamondbacks were right to give contract extensions to manager Kirk Gibson and general manager Kevin Towers.
The answer? Yes, they were.
A total of 543 votes were submitted, and 243 of them -- 45 percent -- were in favor of the move.
The next highest total went to "No, neither earned it," which had 143 votes, or 26 percent.
It would appear most are in favor of the job the skipper is doing, though, as 139 votes went to "Gibson yes, Towers no."
On the flip side, fewer are solely on Team Towers, with just 18 votes -- or three percent -- saying "Towers yes, Gibson no."
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.