Arizona Diamondbacks' Hall reacts to Curt Schilling news
"It's a frightening time for anybody, having gone through it myself," Hall said. "You really have to stay positive and look for the support of your loved ones."
Hall was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had surgery in 2011. In early 2013 a blood test came back cancer-free for the first time, and he has been in remission since then.
Cancer is something the Schilling family has battled before as well. Schilling's wife, Shonda, was diagnosed with stage two malignant melanoma back in 2011.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. He's a hero who has had a terrific career, but everybody is vulnerable," Hall said. "Everyone, unfortunately, can be impacted by this terrible disease. Now he's got to fight it."
Schilling has not released what type of cancer he was diagnosed with, but said in a statement he vows to fight the disease.
As for what Hall would say to Schilling about his diagnosis?
"This is just one more big win you've got to get," he said. "And I'm sure he can do it."
- Four-run fifth inning does in McCarthy, D-backs in loss to Cubs: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: 'If we don't start winning, I should be held accountable'
- Diamondbacks didn't have a chance after Sydney
- Prospect Archie Bradley struggles in latest outing
- Wood homers, allows 1 run in Cubs' win
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday April 22D-backs manager Kirk Gibson talks about the team's struggles.
- Bickley Blast - Monday April 21Dan goes off on the struggling D-backs.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB Insider - Thursday April 17Tim Kurkjian talks about the Diamondbacks' tough start to the season.
- Bickley Blast - Thursday April 17Bickley blasts Kevin Towers' philosophy and the need for an analytics GM.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday April 17Is it too early to make a change?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday April 16Can the D-backs weather the storm?
- Jay Franklin, Archie Bradley's agent - Tuesday April 15Archie Bradley's agent clarifies his comments he made while talking to Ken Rosenthal.