Arizona Diamondbacks' Hall reacts to Curt Schilling news
"It's a frightening time for anybody, having gone through it myself," Hall said. "You really have to stay positive and look for the support of your loved ones."
Hall was diagnosed with prostate cancer and had surgery in 2011. In early 2013 a blood test came back cancer-free for the first time, and he has been in remission since then.
Cancer is something the Schilling family has battled before as well. Schilling's wife, Shonda, was diagnosed with stage two malignant melanoma back in 2011.
"Our thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. He's a hero who has had a terrific career, but everybody is vulnerable," Hall said. "Everyone, unfortunately, can be impacted by this terrible disease. Now he's got to fight it."
Schilling has not released what type of cancer he was diagnosed with, but said in a statement he vows to fight the disease.
As for what Hall would say to Schilling about his diagnosis?
"This is just one more big win you've got to get," he said. "And I'm sure he can do it."
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.