Updated Feb 6, 2014 - 6:44 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks, Mark Trumbo agree to contract and avoid arbitration
In January, CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman reported Trumbo was asking for $5.85 million while the D-backs were offering $3.4 million.
Earlier in the week, D-backs GM Kevin Towers inferred that it may be a bit of a challenge to avoid arbitration with Trumbo, but said, "We're going to continue to have dialogue right up until the hearing. Hopefully we avoid it and get something done, and I'm positive we will -- or hopeful that we will."
Trumbo was acquired by the Diamondbacks in a three-team trade that saw the D-backs part with left-handed pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder Adam Eaton.
The 28-year-old slugger hit .234 with 34 home runs and 100 RBI for the Los Angeles Angels last season. Over three full big league seasons, he has hit 95 home runs and driven in 284.
- Arizona Diamondbacks' Bronson Arroyo may not be ready at start of season
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
- Signing with Arizona Diamondbacks 'perfect' for Oliver Perez
- D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
- Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley to pitch in Australia, ‘still in the mix' to pitch in big leagues
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday March 11Kirk Gibson discusses Archie Bradley's future with the team.
- Pedro Gomez, ESPN MLB reporter - Monday March 10Pedro Gomez discusses Barry Bonds' return to the Giants.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday March 6How is the battle at shortstop going for the D-backs?
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday March 5How important is it for professional athletes to have good character?
- Alan Trammell, D-backs bench coach - Tuesday March 4D-backs bench coach Alan Trammell discusses Archie Bradley's impressive Cactus League debut.
- Archie Bradley, Diamondbacks pitcher - Tuesday March 4Archie Bradley discusses his first Cactus League start against the Rockies.
- Richard Justice, MLB.com correspondent - Tuesday March 4Is baseball held to a higher standard than other sports?