Updated Feb 6, 2014 - 6:44 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks, Mark Trumbo agree to contract and avoid arbitration
In January, CBSSports.com's Jon Heyman reported Trumbo was asking for $5.85 million while the D-backs were offering $3.4 million.
Earlier in the week, D-backs GM Kevin Towers inferred that it may be a bit of a challenge to avoid arbitration with Trumbo, but said, "We're going to continue to have dialogue right up until the hearing. Hopefully we avoid it and get something done, and I'm positive we will -- or hopeful that we will."
Trumbo was acquired by the Diamondbacks in a three-team trade that saw the D-backs part with left-handed pitcher Tyler Skaggs and outfielder Adam Eaton.
The 28-year-old slugger hit .234 with 34 home runs and 100 RBI for the Los Angeles Angels last season. Over three full big league seasons, he has hit 95 home runs and driven in 284.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.