D-backs officially agree to terms with RHP Bronson Arroyo
According to general manager Kevin Towers, the contract is for two years with a club option for 2016.
Arroyo, 36, went 14-12 with a 3.79 ERA in 32 starts for the Cincinnati Reds in 2013. In his 14-year career, Arroyo is 138-127 with a 4.19 ERA in 355 starts for Pittsburgh, Boston and Cincinnati. Maybe most impressively, Arroyo has never appeared on the disabled list in his career.
The Florida native was a member of the Red Sox 2004 World Championship squad and pitched in two games of Boston's four-game World Series sweep of the St. Louis Cardinals. After being traded to Cincinnati in 2006, Arroyo won 17 games for the Reds and was named a National League All-Star for the only time of his career.
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: Aaron Hill has 'swung the bat better,' been more patient
- Paul Goldschmidt named D-backs winner for Heart and Hustle Award
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.