Updated Feb 12, 2014 - 3:44 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks' manager Kirk Gibson joins Twitter
With those three words -- and one ellipse -- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson officially entered the Twitterverse.
This is what it looked like:
Unreal...so pumped!— Kirk Gibson (@23KGibby) February 12, 2014
The ever-quotable skipper talked about his first foray into the social media world Wednesday.
"When you read it today what did you think about it," Gibson asked the assembled media. "'Unreal...so pumped.' What did you guys visualize?
"Besides saying 'Oh my God, Gibby just tweeted.'"
No, that's about it.
Since joining Twitter in the morning, Gibson has amassed followers at a pretty incredible rate. At the time of this article being written, the 56-year-old amassed nearly 6,000 followers.
And for the record, Gibson is only following just three people: his son Cam along with D-backs media relations folks Josh Rawitch and Casey Wilcox.
Gibson joins Arizona Cardinals coach Bruce Arians as one of the state's "big four" coaches on Twitter, though most of Arizona State's coaches as well as those from the University of Arizona have been communicating with 140 characters or less for a while now.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Dodgers' six-run inning does in Cahill, D-backs: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager: Six-man rotation probably on the way
- Tim Kurkjian - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.