Patrick Corbin, Trevor Cahill to start for Diamondbacks in Australia
The D-backs manager made the announcement Monday morning, putting to bed any speculation over who would get the nod for the season-opening series against the Dodgers.
Corbin won 14 games for the D-backs last year, posting a 3.41 ERA and a WHIP of 1.17. It will be the 24-year-old's first career Opening Day start. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, though he struggled to the tune of a 2-1 record with a 5.12 ERA.
Cahill, 26, is in his third season with the team. Last year, he won eight games and had an ERA of 3.99. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, going 2-0 with a 1.40 ERA in those contests.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.