Patrick Corbin, Trevor Cahill to start for Diamondbacks in Australia
The D-backs manager made the announcement Monday morning, putting to bed any speculation over who would get the nod for the season-opening series against the Dodgers.
Corbin won 14 games for the D-backs last year, posting a 3.41 ERA and a WHIP of 1.17. It will be the 24-year-old's first career Opening Day start. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, though he struggled to the tune of a 2-1 record with a 5.12 ERA.
Cahill, 26, is in his third season with the team. Last year, he won eight games and had an ERA of 3.99. He started four games against the Dodgers last season, going 2-0 with a 1.40 ERA in those contests.
- Miley struggles in opener, Phillies top D-backs: By The Numbers
- ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian on trading Gerardo Parra: 'Maybe you've got to look at it'
- Diamondbacks president Derrick Hall: Bullpen is where trades may come from
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.