Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers: Bronson Arroyo out at least another 5-7 days
The 37-year-old starter, who signed with the team Feb. 7, gave up three hits and two runs (one earned) in his first start for the Diamondbacks against the Chicago Cubs last Thursday.
D-backs general manager Kevin Towers gave an update on Arroyo's status Wednesday while on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM's Doug & Wolf show.
"(I) talked to our docs. They did an MRI last night. He's got a little bit of a hot disc. Something that he had three years ago. Exact same area when he was with the (Cincinnati) Reds. He didn't miss any starts there," the GM said. "There could be a chance he could end up getting an epidural shot. But this guy always finds a way to post up."
Towers added that he thought Arroyo was doing "a little better yesterday" on Tuesday, but that the 14-year veteran will likely miss at least one more start.
"(The injury) might set him back a little bit. He was pretty jacked up the other day in the locker room -- wasn't moving around very well," Towers said. "More than likely, (he) probably won't be making a start out there for at least another five-to-seven days. (We will) just kind of take it day by day, just to see how the back's feeling."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers complete two-game sweep of D-backs behind strong performances from Kershaw, Kemp
- Kershaw stymies D-backs as Dodgers sweep two-game set: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Dodgers take advantage of wild Cahill, overturned calls in win over D-backs
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.