Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers: Bronson Arroyo out at least another 5-7 days
The 37-year-old starter, who signed with the team Feb. 7, gave up three hits and two runs (one earned) in his first start for the Diamondbacks against the Chicago Cubs last Thursday.
D-backs general manager Kevin Towers gave an update on Arroyo's status Wednesday while on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM's Doug & Wolf show.
"(I) talked to our docs. They did an MRI last night. He's got a little bit of a hot disc. Something that he had three years ago. Exact same area when he was with the (Cincinnati) Reds. He didn't miss any starts there," the GM said. "There could be a chance he could end up getting an epidural shot. But this guy always finds a way to post up."
Towers added that he thought Arroyo was doing "a little better yesterday" on Tuesday, but that the 14-year veteran will likely miss at least one more start.
"(The injury) might set him back a little bit. He was pretty jacked up the other day in the locker room -- wasn't moving around very well," Towers said. "More than likely, (he) probably won't be making a start out there for at least another five-to-seven days. (We will) just kind of take it day by day, just to see how the back's feeling."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.