Diamondbacks GM Kevin Towers: Bronson Arroyo out at least another 5-7 days
The 37-year-old starter, who signed with the team Feb. 7, gave up three hits and two runs (one earned) in his first start for the Diamondbacks against the Chicago Cubs last Thursday.
D-backs general manager Kevin Towers gave an update on Arroyo's status Wednesday while on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM's Doug & Wolf show.
"(I) talked to our docs. They did an MRI last night. He's got a little bit of a hot disc. Something that he had three years ago. Exact same area when he was with the (Cincinnati) Reds. He didn't miss any starts there," the GM said. "There could be a chance he could end up getting an epidural shot. But this guy always finds a way to post up."
Towers added that he thought Arroyo was doing "a little better yesterday" on Tuesday, but that the 14-year veteran will likely miss at least one more start.
"(The injury) might set him back a little bit. He was pretty jacked up the other day in the locker room -- wasn't moving around very well," Towers said. "More than likely, (he) probably won't be making a start out there for at least another five-to-seven days. (We will) just kind of take it day by day, just to see how the back's feeling."
Andrew Gilstrap, Web Content Editor - KTAR.com/ArizonaSports.com
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.