D-backs' Daniel Hudson throws for first time since his second Tommy John surgery
The 26-year-old pitcher tweeted out his rehab update Wednesday after undergoing his second Tommy John surgery last year.
Hudson first underwent the surgery on July 9, 2012, which didn't allow him to pitch in the remainder of the season. After beginning the 2013 campaign on the 60-day disabled list, Hudson re-tore his ulnar collateral ligament in a rehab start on June 4, 2013, and required the procedure once again to put a halt to his 2013 season.
The 6-foot-4 pitcher won 16 games over 222 innings for the D-backs in a breakout 2011 season, also earning the NL Silver Slugger Award -- given to the best batter at his pitching position.
The Virginia native signed a minor league deal with the D-backs in December, inching closer to a return to the big leagues.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.