D-backs' Daniel Hudson throws for first time since his second Tommy John surgery
The 26-year-old pitcher tweeted out his rehab update Wednesday after undergoing his second Tommy John surgery last year.
Hudson first underwent the surgery on July 9, 2012, which didn't allow him to pitch in the remainder of the season. After beginning the 2013 campaign on the 60-day disabled list, Hudson re-tore his ulnar collateral ligament in a rehab start on June 4, 2013, and required the procedure once again to put a halt to his 2013 season.
The 6-foot-4 pitcher won 16 games over 222 innings for the D-backs in a breakout 2011 season, also earning the NL Silver Slugger Award -- given to the best batter at his pitching position.
The Virginia native signed a minor league deal with the D-backs in December, inching closer to a return to the big leagues.
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Gibson: If Brandon McCarthy wanted to throw the cutter, he should have thrown the cutter
- Arizona Diamondbacks place Cody Ross on 15-day DL
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.