D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
Among the notable players sent to the Minor League camp were relievers Jake Barrett and Matt Stites, as well as infielder Nick Ahmed and veteran catcher Bobby Wilson.
This spring, Barrett, a Mesa, Ariz. native, gave up two runs on seven hits over four innings of work. He recorded a 4.50 ERA and one save.
Stites, who was acquired in the deadline deal that sent Ian Kennedy to the San Diego Padres in July 2013, made three appearances and gave up two runs on two hits in 2 2/3 innings of work.
As for the four assigned to Triple-A, left-hander reliever Eury De La Rosa and outfielder Alfredo Marte headlined the list.
De La Rosa, who pitched in 19 regular season games in 2013, gave up two runs and struck out four in 3 2/3 innings of work this spring.
While Marte, who appeared in eight games with Arizona last April, hit .455 with one home run and three RBI in eight spring appearances.
- Dose of Venom: Nuño denied first NL victory, D-backs bullpen implodes in crushing loss to Pirates
- Diamondbacks GM Towers: New prospect Peter O'Brien provides 'an impact bat'
- Diamondbacks give Paul Goldschmidt a much-needed 'mental and physical' day off
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- Kevin Towers, D-backs general manger - Friday August 1D-backs general manager Kevin Towers says he’s happy with the trade results.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.