D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
Among the notable players sent to the Minor League camp were relievers Jake Barrett and Matt Stites, as well as infielder Nick Ahmed and veteran catcher Bobby Wilson.
This spring, Barrett, a Mesa, Ariz. native, gave up two runs on seven hits over four innings of work. He recorded a 4.50 ERA and one save.
Stites, who was acquired in the deadline deal that sent Ian Kennedy to the San Diego Padres in July 2013, made three appearances and gave up two runs on two hits in 2 2/3 innings of work.
As for the four assigned to Triple-A, left-hander reliever Eury De La Rosa and outfielder Alfredo Marte headlined the list.
De La Rosa, who pitched in 19 regular season games in 2013, gave up two runs and struck out four in 3 2/3 innings of work this spring.
While Marte, who appeared in eight games with Arizona last April, hit .455 with one home run and three RBI in eight spring appearances.
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.