D-backs send Barrett, Stites to Minor League camp, option De La Rosa, Marte to Triple-A Reno
Among the notable players sent to the Minor League camp were relievers Jake Barrett and Matt Stites, as well as infielder Nick Ahmed and veteran catcher Bobby Wilson.
This spring, Barrett, a Mesa, Ariz. native, gave up two runs on seven hits over four innings of work. He recorded a 4.50 ERA and one save.
Stites, who was acquired in the deadline deal that sent Ian Kennedy to the San Diego Padres in July 2013, made three appearances and gave up two runs on two hits in 2 2/3 innings of work.
As for the four assigned to Triple-A, left-hander reliever Eury De La Rosa and outfielder Alfredo Marte headlined the list.
De La Rosa, who pitched in 19 regular season games in 2013, gave up two runs and struck out four in 3 2/3 innings of work this spring.
While Marte, who appeared in eight games with Arizona last April, hit .455 with one home run and three RBI in eight spring appearances.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.