Updated Mar 10, 2014 - 4:25 pm
D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
The 32-year-old Perez has 11 years of Major League experience and has posted a 62-75 career mark with a 4.53 ERA in 300 appearances (195 starts).
A native of Culiacan, Mexico, Perez has had big league stops with the San Diego Padres, Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Mets and Seattle Mariners.
In 2013, Perez pitched in 61 games out of the Seattle bullpen, going 3-3 with a 3.74 ERA in 53 innings of work.
Perez ranks third in career strikeouts among Mexican-born MLB pitchers with 1,224 and is tied for ninth in wins. He becomes the ninth Mexican native in D-backs' history joining Karim Garcia, Erubiel Durazo, Armando Reynoso, Oscar Villarreal, Edgar Gonzalez, Elmer Dessens, Rodrigo Lopez and Dennys Reyes.
Perez will wear uniform #59.
- Dose of Venom: Milestone homers highlight D-backs win over Pirates
- D-backs offense backs Collmenter in win over Pirates: By The Numbers
- D-backs' Towers on August waiver trade period: 'We're going to be active'
- Eric Chavez 'at ease' with his decision to retire at age 36
- Arizona Diamondbacks and their 2014 trades
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.