Updated Mar 10, 2014 - 4:25 pm
D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
The 32-year-old Perez has 11 years of Major League experience and has posted a 62-75 career mark with a 4.53 ERA in 300 appearances (195 starts).
A native of Culiacan, Mexico, Perez has had big league stops with the San Diego Padres, Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Mets and Seattle Mariners.
In 2013, Perez pitched in 61 games out of the Seattle bullpen, going 3-3 with a 3.74 ERA in 53 innings of work.
Perez ranks third in career strikeouts among Mexican-born MLB pitchers with 1,224 and is tied for ninth in wins. He becomes the ninth Mexican native in D-backs' history joining Karim Garcia, Erubiel Durazo, Armando Reynoso, Oscar Villarreal, Edgar Gonzalez, Elmer Dessens, Rodrigo Lopez and Dennys Reyes.
Perez will wear uniform #59.
- Collmenter, D-backs down Padres, snap losing streak
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter dazzles in D-backs' win over Padres
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.