Updated Mar 10, 2014 - 4:25 pm
D-backs finalize deal with LHP Oliver Perez
The 32-year-old Perez has 11 years of Major League experience and has posted a 62-75 career mark with a 4.53 ERA in 300 appearances (195 starts).
A native of Culiacan, Mexico, Perez has had big league stops with the San Diego Padres, Pittsburgh Pirates, New York Mets and Seattle Mariners.
In 2013, Perez pitched in 61 games out of the Seattle bullpen, going 3-3 with a 3.74 ERA in 53 innings of work.
Perez ranks third in career strikeouts among Mexican-born MLB pitchers with 1,224 and is tied for ninth in wins. He becomes the ninth Mexican native in D-backs' history joining Karim Garcia, Erubiel Durazo, Armando Reynoso, Oscar Villarreal, Edgar Gonzalez, Elmer Dessens, Rodrigo Lopez and Dennys Reyes.
Perez will wear uniform #59.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.