Diamondbacks' Archie Bradley excited to pitch in Australia
And maybe even better.
The right-hander has allowed three hits in 6.1 innings, striking out nine and walking four. He may not have done enough to earn a spot on the Opening Day roster, but he will be making the trip to Australia with the team to pitch in an exhibition game on March 21.
"I can't tell you how excited I am for that," Bradley told the Arizona Diamondbacks television broadcast on Fox Sports Arizona Sunday. "I just wanted to come into spring and learn, absorb as much information as I can, and just compete, see where I can end up this spring.
"I don't know when they decided this, but I feel like with what I've done here in camp and with what I've shown them, you know, they're giving me a chance to prove something and I'm going to take it head on. I'm excited and I think it's going to be a really fun time over there."
Of course, the end game for Bradley isn't pitching a meaningless game in a foreign country. No, he is supposed to be the team's ace of the future, a pitcher who will lead the rotation and team into the postseason.
And as far as his elevation to the big leagues, it seems to be a matter of when, not if. There's no rush from Bradley's end, though.
"I feel very good with where I'm at this spring and with where my arm is and where everything's going," he said. "I'm just having fun and learning a lot."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?