Updated Mar 14, 2014 - 1:49 pm
Bronson Arroyo feeling better since scratched spring start
"He's much better today," D-backs Manager Kirk Gibson said Friday. "He's going to throw again today and hopefully throw a bullpen session Sunday, and if he's better, three days later we might get him in a simulation game.
"You can tell he knows he feels better too just by his attitude and the way he's carrying himself around. He's a little more talkative today."
The 37-year-old will not travel to Australia with the team, staying in the country with fellow pitchers Brandon McCarthy and Wade Miley. They will be designated as the three "inactive" players, while the rest of the full roster will be announced Saturday.
Arroyo, who has not spent time on the disabled list in the past nine seasons, has not been ruled out for the D-backs home opener against the San Francisco Giants that is scheduled for March 31.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.