Updated Mar 14, 2014 - 1:49 pm
Bronson Arroyo feeling better since scratched spring start
"He's much better today," D-backs Manager Kirk Gibson said Friday. "He's going to throw again today and hopefully throw a bullpen session Sunday, and if he's better, three days later we might get him in a simulation game.
"You can tell he knows he feels better too just by his attitude and the way he's carrying himself around. He's a little more talkative today."
The 37-year-old will not travel to Australia with the team, staying in the country with fellow pitchers Brandon McCarthy and Wade Miley. They will be designated as the three "inactive" players, while the rest of the full roster will be announced Saturday.
Arroyo, who has not spent time on the disabled list in the past nine seasons, has not been ruled out for the D-backs home opener against the San Francisco Giants that is scheduled for March 31.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.