Matt Tuiasosopo claimed off waivers by Blue Jays
Tuiasosopo, who will turn 28 in May, was hitting just .118/.205/.147 in 39 plate appearances this spring. He has struck out 14 times while accruing four walks.
The outfielder was selected off of waivers by the Diamondbacks in November, after playing in 81 games for the Detroit Tigers last season, hitting .244/ .351/ .415 in 191 plate appearances. He added seven home runs and 30 RBI to his 2013 efforts.
Tuiasosopo is currently in Sydney, Australia with the Diamondbacks and it is unknown as to when he'll report to Blue Jays camp in Dunedin, Fla.
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?