Updated Mar 27, 2014 - 1:28 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks reassign Archie Bradley to minor leagues
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Thursday they had reassigned the right-hander to minor league camp, essentially ending his bid to be a part of the team's starting rotation on Opening Day.
Bradley, 21, will report to the Triple-A Reno Aces.
Gibby announced that Archie Bradley was reassigned to minor league camp. "He's close. He's someone who can help us this year." #DbacksST— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 27, 2014
Entering Thursday, Bradley had pitched 8.1 innings in Cactus League play, allowing four runs on eight hits while striking out 10 and walking six.
He got the start for the D-backs in an exhibition game against the Australian National Team, but struggled in that outing, too.
- D-backs CEO Derrick Hall says Tony La Russa will teach, but will not manage
- Diamondbacks fall to Nationals 1-0 on walk-off error: By The Numbers
- Nationals win 9th in row, nip D-backs in 9th
- D-backs fall to Nationals in another walk-off: By The Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers will keep doing job 'until they take away my office key'
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 20Tim Kurkjian discusses the American League wild card race and the future of Kirk Gibson.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday August 20Kevin Towers talks about the future of the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.