Updated Mar 27, 2014 - 1:28 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks reassign Archie Bradley to minor leagues
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Thursday they had reassigned the right-hander to minor league camp, essentially ending his bid to be a part of the team's starting rotation on Opening Day.
Bradley, 21, will report to the Triple-A Reno Aces.
Gibby announced that Archie Bradley was reassigned to minor league camp. "He's close. He's someone who can help us this year." #DbacksST— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 27, 2014
Entering Thursday, Bradley had pitched 8.1 innings in Cactus League play, allowing four runs on eight hits while striking out 10 and walking six.
He got the start for the D-backs in an exhibition game against the Australian National Team, but struggled in that outing, too.
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Diamondbacks upend Rockies in series opener: By The Numbers
- D-backs manager Kirk Gibson: Daniel Hudson, Chris Owings, A.J. Pollock, Cody Ross may return soon
- Arizona Diamondbacks claim OF Nolan Reimold off waivers
- D-backs trade of Martin Prado to Yankees nearly didn't happen
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.