Updated Mar 27, 2014 - 1:28 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks reassign Archie Bradley to minor leagues
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Thursday they had reassigned the right-hander to minor league camp, essentially ending his bid to be a part of the team's starting rotation on Opening Day.
Bradley, 21, will report to the Triple-A Reno Aces.
Gibby announced that Archie Bradley was reassigned to minor league camp. "He's close. He's someone who can help us this year." #DbacksST— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 27, 2014
Entering Thursday, Bradley had pitched 8.1 innings in Cactus League play, allowing four runs on eight hits while striking out 10 and walking six.
He got the start for the D-backs in an exhibition game against the Australian National Team, but struggled in that outing, too.
- Eric Chavez announces retirement after 17 years in majors
- Arizona Diamondbacks take series from Cincinnati: By the Numbers
- D-backs GM Kevin Towers: If it makes our team better, we'll listen
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.