Updated Mar 27, 2014 - 1:28 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks reassign Archie Bradley to minor leagues
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Thursday they had reassigned the right-hander to minor league camp, essentially ending his bid to be a part of the team's starting rotation on Opening Day.
Bradley, 21, will report to the Triple-A Reno Aces.
Gibby announced that Archie Bradley was reassigned to minor league camp. "He's close. He's someone who can help us this year." #DbacksST— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 27, 2014
Entering Thursday, Bradley had pitched 8.1 innings in Cactus League play, allowing four runs on eight hits while striking out 10 and walking six.
He got the start for the D-backs in an exhibition game against the Australian National Team, but struggled in that outing, too.
- Anderson, Diamondbacks destroyed by Nationals for fourth loss in a row: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks manager Kirk Gibson would be 'honored' to return next season
- Report: Arizona Diamondbacks plan to retain Kirk Gibson
- LaRoche's homer lifts Nationals to third straight walk-off in defeat of D-backs
- Nationals get third straight walk-off win, beat D-backs in extras: By The Numbers
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 19Kirk Gibson talks about his future with the Diamondbacks.
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Friday August 15Tim Kurkjian discusses what new commissioner Rob Manfred means for Major League Baseball.
- What's on your mind? - Friday August 15Vince Marotta shares what he is thinking about this week.
- Bob Nightengale- USA Today Sports MLB columnist - Friday August 15Bob Nightengale of USA Today Sports thinks Kirk Gibson could keep his job next season.
- Bickley Blast - Friday August 15There is a new commissioner in the MLB, and Dan Bickley previews the transition that is coming.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday August 13Dan worries that there may be a confrontation between Miguel Montero and Trevor Bauer coming.