Updated Mar 27, 2014 - 1:28 pm
Arizona Diamondbacks reassign Archie Bradley to minor leagues
The Arizona Diamondbacks announced Thursday they had reassigned the right-hander to minor league camp, essentially ending his bid to be a part of the team's starting rotation on Opening Day.
Bradley, 21, will report to the Triple-A Reno Aces.
Gibby announced that Archie Bradley was reassigned to minor league camp. "He's close. He's someone who can help us this year." #DbacksST— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 27, 2014
Entering Thursday, Bradley had pitched 8.1 innings in Cactus League play, allowing four runs on eight hits while striking out 10 and walking six.
He got the start for the D-backs in an exhibition game against the Australian National Team, but struggled in that outing, too.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.