The Pulse: Wade Miley expected to lead D-backs pitchers in wins
On Thursday, we wanted to know: With Patrick Corbin lost to Tommy John surgery for the year, who do you expect to step up and lead the team in wins?
Who will be the winningest D-backs starting pitcher in 2014?
The response from fans was overwhelmingly in favor of Wade Miley being that guy, with 242 of the 512 who voted tapping him as the winningest D-backs starter. Bronson Arroyo garnered the next most votes, with 122 (24 percent). Of the names given, which also included Archie Bradley, Trevor Cahill and Brandon McCarthy, voters had the least faith in Cahill, who only got 27 votes (five percent).
Last season, Miley was second to Corbin in wins among Diamondbacks pitchers, with 10. Cahill had eight McCarthy had just five in 2013. Arroyo, who pitched for the Reds last year, had 14 wins -- as many as Corbin, who led the Diamondbacks.
Of the pitchers listed in the poll, Cahill has the most previous wins in a single season, with 18 in 2010. McCarthy, meanwhile, has never pitched to double-digit wins in a single season of his career -- something Miley has done in both of his years in the big leagues.
- Dose of Venom: Miguel Cabrera showcases MVP talent as Tigers squeak past Diamondbacks
- Detroit Tigers fend off Arizona Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Diamondbacks' Kirk Gibson: 'We did the best we could' with Brandon McCarthy
- Dose of Venom: Collmenter, Peralta use 'the force' to help secure D-backs sweep of Cubs
- Collmenter quiets Cubs as D-backs put finishing touches on sweep: By The Numbers
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 16Did Adam Wainwright intentionally give Derek Jeter a pitch to hit in Tuesday night's All-Star Game?
- Tony La Russa, D-backs Chief Baseball Officer - Wednesday July 16D-backs CBO Tony La Russa talks about Tuesday’s All-Star Game.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday July 15Is Major League Baseball dying?