The Pulse: Wade Miley expected to lead D-backs pitchers in wins
On Thursday, we wanted to know: With Patrick Corbin lost to Tommy John surgery for the year, who do you expect to step up and lead the team in wins?
Who will be the winningest D-backs starting pitcher in 2014?
The response from fans was overwhelmingly in favor of Wade Miley being that guy, with 242 of the 512 who voted tapping him as the winningest D-backs starter. Bronson Arroyo garnered the next most votes, with 122 (24 percent). Of the names given, which also included Archie Bradley, Trevor Cahill and Brandon McCarthy, voters had the least faith in Cahill, who only got 27 votes (five percent).
Last season, Miley was second to Corbin in wins among Diamondbacks pitchers, with 10. Cahill had eight McCarthy had just five in 2013. Arroyo, who pitched for the Reds last year, had 14 wins -- as many as Corbin, who led the Diamondbacks.
Of the pitchers listed in the poll, Cahill has the most previous wins in a single season, with 18 in 2010. McCarthy, meanwhile, has never pitched to double-digit wins in a single season of his career -- something Miley has done in both of his years in the big leagues.
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Anderson, Hill, big 7th inning lift Diamondbacks over Rockies: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Matzek, Rockies silence Diamondbacks
- Nuno's strong outing squandered as Rockies shut out Diamondbacks: By The Numbers
- Dose of Venom: Jake Lamb's late grand slam propels Diamondbacks past Rockies
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday August 21Derrick Hall gives his thoughts on the new MLB commissioner.