Diamondbacks Minor League pitcher Geremia Espinosa suspended for 50 games
Right-handed pitcher Geremia Espinosa has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for metabolites of Stanozolol. Espinosa, 17, is on the Diamondbacks' Dominican Summer League roster. His suspension will be effective at the start of the 2014 Dominican Summer League. He is a 6-foot-4, 180-pound pitcher who was born in Cotui, Domincan Republic.
Chicago White Sox Minor League pitcher Feny Arias and free agent pitcher Elou Jean were also suspended Saturday for 50 games for the same infraction.
- Bob Brenly, D-backs TV commentator - Thursday July 31D-backs TV commentator Bob Brenly says who he thinks are the teams to beat in MLB after the trade de
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President & CEO - Thursday July 31D-backs president and CEO Derrick Hall talks about the trade deadline.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 30ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses the MLB trade deadline.
- Kevin Towers- D-backs GM - Wednesday July 30Kevin Towers talks about the trade deadline and the state of the youth in the organization.
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.