D-backs' Gibson: Way too early to worry about the team
But following Monday's loss to the San Francisco Giants, where the D-backs coughed up a late four-run lead, that's exactly what they are.
The poor start has some fans concerned about the club's chances this year, but as a guest of Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Tuesday, D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said that's a little ridiculous.
"Off the top of my head, I'll say that's less than two percent of our games," the skipper said. "Would that worry you?"
The D-backs began their season by losing two games to the Los Angeles Dodgers in Sydney, Australia, then returned home for a few more exhibition games before beginning a four-game set with the Giants at Chase Field.
And thus far, the team has yet to receive a quality start from either Wade Miley, Trevor Cahill or Brandon McCarthy, and the bullpen has not exactly been a pillar of strength.
But again, it's just three games out of 162.
"I would say anything that you do in your life, if you're worried about something as far into it as we are, you should go to some positive thinking training," the skipper said.
- D-backs' Trevor Cahill struggles in loss to Detroit Tigers
- Dose of Venom: Tigers' bats doom D-backs in series finale
- D-backs drop series finale to Tigers: By the Numbers
- For the Arizona Diamondbacks, does stability sell?
- Diamondbacks GM: Trades are on the table, but won't make move unless it makes team better
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday July 16ESPN MLB insider Tim Kurkjian discusses Derek Jeter’s impact on the MLB.