D-backs' Gibson: Way too early to worry about the team
But following Monday's loss to the San Francisco Giants, where the D-backs coughed up a late four-run lead, that's exactly what they are.
The poor start has some fans concerned about the club's chances this year, but as a guest of Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Tuesday, D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said that's a little ridiculous.
"Off the top of my head, I'll say that's less than two percent of our games," the skipper said. "Would that worry you?"
The D-backs began their season by losing two games to the Los Angeles Dodgers in Sydney, Australia, then returned home for a few more exhibition games before beginning a four-game set with the Giants at Chase Field.
And thus far, the team has yet to receive a quality start from either Wade Miley, Trevor Cahill or Brandon McCarthy, and the bullpen has not exactly been a pillar of strength.
But again, it's just three games out of 162.
"I would say anything that you do in your life, if you're worried about something as far into it as we are, you should go to some positive thinking training," the skipper said.
- Diamondbacks shutout by Leake and co.: By The Numbers
- 5 Arizona Diamondbacks named among top 100 prospects by MLB.com
- Suspensions handed out after Reno Aces and Albuquerque Isotopes brawl
- Arizona Diamondbacks recall Bo Schultz from Triple-A Reno, option Alfredo Marte
- ESPN insider Keith Law breaks down D-backs' tradeable assets
- Kirk Gibson- Dbacks manager - Tuesday July 29What else can Major League Baseball do to enforce the blocking the plate rule?
- Keith Law, ESPN MLB Insider - Tuesday July 29ESPN MLB Insider Keith Law gauges the value in the D-backs’ potential trade pieces.
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.