D-backs' Gibson: Way too early to worry about the team
But following Monday's loss to the San Francisco Giants, where the D-backs coughed up a late four-run lead, that's exactly what they are.
The poor start has some fans concerned about the club's chances this year, but as a guest of Burns and Gambo on Arizona Sports 98.7 FM Tuesday, D-backs manager Kirk Gibson said that's a little ridiculous.
"Off the top of my head, I'll say that's less than two percent of our games," the skipper said. "Would that worry you?"
The D-backs began their season by losing two games to the Los Angeles Dodgers in Sydney, Australia, then returned home for a few more exhibition games before beginning a four-game set with the Giants at Chase Field.
And thus far, the team has yet to receive a quality start from either Wade Miley, Trevor Cahill or Brandon McCarthy, and the bullpen has not exactly been a pillar of strength.
But again, it's just three games out of 162.
"I would say anything that you do in your life, if you're worried about something as far into it as we are, you should go to some positive thinking training," the skipper said.
- Diamondbacks reinstate A.J. Pollock and Chris Owings from DL
- MLB debutant delivers for Padres in win over D-backs
- Cahill, D-backs' offense struggle in loss to Padres: By The Numbers
- Arizona Diamondbacks reinstate Daniel Hudson, Cody Ross from the disabled list
- Dose of Venom: Anderson dominates, Diamondbacks finish home stand with win over Rockies
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs Manager - Tuesday September 2Kirk Gibson discusses Daniel Hudson returning to the D-backs roster.
- Augie Ojeda, former Arizona Diamondback - Friday August 29Doug and Wolf chat with former Diamondback Augie Ojeda.
- Travis Lee, former D-backs first baseman - Thursday August 28Travis Lee shares some stories and memories from playing with the D-backs.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs President and CEO - Thursday August 28Derrick Hall discusses the home plate rule in the new instant replay system.
- Tim Kurkjian, ESPN MLB insider - Wednesday August 27ESPN baseball analyst Tim Kurkjian believes Matt Williams is good for the Nationals.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Reggie Sanders - former Diamondbacks outfielder - Tuesday August 26Reggie Sanders discusses the Diamondbacks' alumni game coming up this Saturday.