Updated Apr 2, 2014 - 12:50 pm
D-backs GM: No character flaws in Paul Goldschmidt
The NL MVP runner-up batted .302, hit 36 home runs and drove in 125 runs on his way to winning Silver Slugger and Gold Glove awards and was also named to his first All-Star game.
According to D-backs GM Kevin Towers, it's not only what he does on the field, but it's what he does off of it that makes him unique.
"I have not found a flaw in this guy," Towers told Doug and Wolf of Arizona Sports 98.7 FM. "Every day it's something else."
Towers recalled when Goldschmidt took time after batting practice to meet and sign autographs for a little league team from Austin, Texas also named the Diamondbacks. The experience with the first baseman turned them into die-hard D-backs fans.
The news of Goldschmidt's class act even made its way to the D-backs front office.
"I walked into Derrick Hall's office and I said, ‘This is unbelievable,'" Towers said.
"It is incredible what he does on the field and who he is as a person. That's just who he is and we are incredibly, incredibly fortunate to have Paul Goldschmidt wearing that Diamondback uniform because he is an incredible role model."
- Derrick Hall - D-backs president and CEO - Thursday July 24Derrick Hall talks about the approaching trade deadline.
- Bickley Blast - Wednesday July 23Kirk Gibson could be close to being a part of another miracle.
- Kevin Towers, D-backs GM - Wednesday July 23D-backs GM Kevin Towers talks about the upcoming trade deadline.
- Kirk Gibson- D-backs Manager - Tuesday July 22Did the D-backs tell Brandon McCarthy not to throw his cutter?
- Paul Goldschmidt, D-backs first baseman - Friday July 18Paul Goldschmidt talks about the All-Star Game and his expectations for the season's second half.
- Our Guy Harry - Thursday July 17Our Guy Harry joins Dan and Vince in studio.
- Derrick Hall, D-backs president & CEO - Thursday July 17Derrick Hall on Paul Goldschmidt's leadership abilities and the future of Brad Ziegler.